Why I am a Champion for this Cause
Thanks for visiting my page!
Please consider making a donation to the Ithaca Health Alliance and helping me reach my $2,000 fundraising goal!
We need your support to continue meeting the growing demand for our health care and health-related financial assistance services. Every dollar you donate will provide $5 worth of medical and holistic health care for uninsured or under-insured individuals and families. Your donation will make an impact on their lives! Take this opportunity to support the belief that health care is a human right and strengthen the Ithaca Health Alliance model of grassroots community health care. I am so lucky to work at this organization and I’d love to bring in more funds to give the Health Alliance the financial security we need. We “live” donation to donation, grant to grant (like many of our patients live paycheck to paycheck).
Gifts for you!
A “thank you” basket to the person who makes the largest donation to this campaign!
A special “thank you” if you:
- donate $10 (or more) a month with a recurring donation. Set up an AUTOMATIC, MONTHLY RECURRING DONATION using PayPal through this campaign or CLICK HERE to use your credit card without PayPal. Under “Designation” tell us you’re a Peaks Donor.
- or make a one-time donation of at least $200.
All money raised will help ensure continued delivery of Ithaca Health Alliance programs and services. Your donation will help pay for services like…
$5 - one herbal tincture for a low-income individual
$10 - urgently needed medications not covered by free programs
$15 - blood work for one uninsured community member
$20 - emergency care grants for low income people (to help pay for emergency root canals, tooth extractions, fractures, stitches that are billed from other offices)
$50 - provides annual pap smears and exams for women
$100 - one year’s worth of EKG tests for patients with heart problems
$200 - health education materials and healthy food samples for 100 people at an event
$300 - Clinic supplies for three weeks
$500 - six month supply of tuberculosis tests
$2,500 - one year of designing and printing educational publications
$5,000 - One year of Clinic supplies
DID YOU KNOW…
- The Ithaca Health Alliance runs three programs: Ithaca Free Clinic, Ithaca Health Fund and Community Health Education.
- The Ithaca Free Clinic is widely known as the first medically integrated Free Clinic in the US, providing both medical and holistic care under one roof.
- We’ve operated Ithaca Free Clinic since 2006 (nine years). We’ve served more than 8,000 people through over 21,000 patient visits in that time. Clinic services are 100% free and available if you have no health insurance or cannot afford holistic services elsewhere.
- Our oldest program is the Ithaca Health Fund which provides financial assistance & advocacy for income-qualified people facing medical debt. Since 1998, our advocates have leveraged close to a million dollars’ worth of medical debt reduction for 2,000 people.
- As you may know, I oversee our Community Health Education program.We provide free resources and events that focus on nutrition, prevention, self-care and healthcare options. Since 2000, we have reached more than 8,000 people through 400 educational offerings.
IHA is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt non-profit organization. All donations are tax deductible.Donate today! You can also mail a check or drop off cash: Ithaca Health Alliance PO Box 362, 521 West Seneca Street, Ithaca, NY 14851. Make checks out to: Ithaca Health Alliance Memo Line: Peaks. Visit http://iha2015.peaksmaker.com/to learn more about the Ithaca Health Alliance and the campaign.